MD/PhD Program Admissions
Completed applications for the MD/PhD Program must be received by November 1st.
- Application to the Wayne State University School of Medicine via the American Medical College Application Service
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) scores.
- Written statement describing your demonstrated interest in both basic research and clinical medicine, as well as interest in our program.
- Three letters of recommendation to the program, focusing on your dual research and clinical interests when possible.
- Accepted students can pursue research for PhD in any graduate program in any of the Schools/Colleges at Wayne State University.
- Please see the Graduate School’s list of graduate programs offered at WSU at: http://wayne.edu/programs/graduate/
Interviews for the program with MD/PhD Program faculty will be scheduled to coincide with interviews for medical school admission. Typically interviews are scheduled on Mondays. On the Monday morning, candidates meet as a group with the Medical School Admissions and go through the MD interview process. The candidates are then interviewed separately for the MD program and for the MD/PhD program by members of the interview panels. Each candidate will be interviewed by two or more faculty members. Candidates tour the medical school and the research facilities. In addition, candidates are offered the opportunity to meet with appropriate faculty and current MD/PhD students during their visit.
There is no additional fee for application to this program.
Applicants will be notified of the decision of the Program faculty as soon as possible. Admission to the School of Medicine will not be affected by the decision of the MD/PhD Program faculty.